Top Ayurvedic Benefits Of Manjistha For Skin, Hair, and health
Manjistha termed Rubia Cordifolia in Botany, is a highly recognized Ayurvedic herb. Its leaves and stem are the major parts that are used in various medicines. The benefits of Manjistha are believed to have antioxidant and astringent properties. Manjistha is a useful herb to manage skin disorders like redness and psoriasis. Manjistha helps to purify the blood and treats all types of skin disorders.
What is Manjistha
Manjistha can be used both internally and externally. Manjistha plant has umpteen internal and external benefits. It can be externally applied to cope with skin diseases like oozing and ulcers. The commonly used part of manjistha is its roots. It can be used whole to make teas or tinctures or it can be used in powdered form, or in capsule form as a supplement.
Components of Manjistha
Manjistha scientific name – Rubia cordifolia
Taste – bitter, sweet, astringent
Digestive quality(vipaka) – pungent
Quality (guna) – heavy, dry
Tissue (dhatu) – plasma, blood, muscles, bone
Manjistha health benefits
Manjistha is known to fight allergies as it prevents the release of chemicals like histamine. It is an antipyretic, rejuvenate herb. Manjistha helps to boost the immune system. It has antioxidant properties that help reduce oxidative stress and prevent cell damage.
- Manjistha has potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that might prevent lipid peroxidation that damages the liver cells.
- It reduces the level of elevated liver enzymes in the blood. Manjistha might also be beneficial in the case of acute and chronic hepatitis.
- Manjistha is beneficial in controlling stomach worms due to the presence of certain chemical constituents
- Manjistha is useful in reducing the risk of urinary diseases like uterine bleeding, urinary discharge, or stones. This is due to its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and wound healing property. It is also beneficial in the case of urinary infections due to its antibacterial property.
- Manjistha infused tea helps in balancing kapha dosha. Kapha dosha if not treated in time leads to various skin problems, weight gain, digestive issues, low immunity, concentration problems and sore breasts during periods.
Manjistha benefits for face/ Skin
Manjistha is excellent for treating skin disorders or allergies and improving the skin complexion. Manjistha is considered to be one of the best herbs for the skin. Its application or consumption relieves acne, itching, eczema, psoriasis, discoloration, freckles, dermatitis, and herpes (in the bloodstream).
It is very useful in speedy healing of the wounds due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It also promotes the healing of skin tissues damaged due to some injury or infection. Glycosides present in Manjistha improve complexion and lighten dark spots. It acts as a natural blood purifier and makes your skin glow.
Skin Polish Staple Bath – For Mom-Dad₹495.00 Incl. of all taxes
HERBS infused Hair & Body Massage Oil – Mom – Dad (30-59 Years)₹490.00 Incl. of all taxes
Goat Milk Soap – Clay Salt with Lodh BarkProduct on saleIncl. of all taxes
Manjistha benefits for acne
Manjistha helps in getting rid of the bacteria Propionibacterium acne which leads to pimples.
- The anti-bacterial, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory activities of Manjistha are beneficial for the skin.
- Manjistha Extract inhibits the acne-causing bacteria and is helpful in managing external inflammations like ulcers and skin conditions.
Manjistha is used as an ingredient in many ayurvedic skincare products like kumkumadi oil, and many ayurvedic medicines like maha manjishtadi kashaya.
FAQs Related Manjistha
Yes, manjistha does help in reducing weight as it controls kapha.
Manjistha is a detoxifying herb hence it can help pull out toxins and balance the lip skin with health and goodness.
Yes, it can help control oiliness and hence control hair fall.
Manjistha infused oils or manjistha powder when used on skin or hair can show positivity in 1-2 weeks of its application however make sure to use a quality product and always do a patch test before using it in routine.
Yes, it helps improve complexion, reduce skin discoloration, treat scars and blemishes and overall add radiance to the skin making it look healthy and clear.