SNAANA’s Pure Babchi Oil (Bakuchi Oil) is extracted from the Fabaceae tree (legume family) through the cold-pressed method. Babchi Oil (also called Bakuchi Oil in Sanskrit) is the Indian name for Psoralea Oil. Babchi is honored as ‘Kustanashini’ in Ayurveda, meaning ‘leprosy destroyer’. As the most trusted Ayurvedic herb for blood purification and skin health, this oil is best used to cure skin disorders and infections. Some of its major properties include astringent, anti-bacterial, anthelmintic, anti-depressant, and anti-microbial.
At SNAANA we source babchi/bakuchi seeds from Rajasthan. The black/grey seeds contain just 8-9% of oil in them. It takes about 11 kilograms of babchi seeds to produce a liter of cold-pressed babchi oil. It is also known as bakuchiol.
Babchi oil is a fast-growing – demanding ingredient in the skincare industry. It is considered an alternate to Retinol as it functions like Retinol & clinically proven to have anti-aging effects
Babchi Oil has major chemical constituents, such as bakuchiol, psoralen, linalool, limonene, α-elements, angelicin, bavachalcone, is psoralen, corylifol, 6-prenylnaringenin, corylin, isobavachalcone, corylifolin, psoralidin, bavachromanol, methyl 4-hydroxybenzoate, and neobavaisoflavone.
Ingredient – Cold-pressed Babchi seed Oil only.
Benefits of Bakuchi Oil
Babchi/Bakuchi oil benefits include
- Skin – Use in your 30s and beyond to keep your skin flawless. It works on Lines & wrinkles, Pigmentation, Elasticity & Firmness, Photodamage. Add 1-2 drops to your face oil or body oil to add benefits to your skincare regime.
- Hair – Use on scalp & hair to control hair loss, fight Fungal & bacterial infections and seek long last relief from psoriasis/eczema
- Skin Discoloration – It is used for thousands of years in the treatment of vitiligo/loss of pigments in the skin It promotes pigmentation and stimulates melanin pigments.
Making of Pure Babchi Oil at SNAANA
Directions for using Snaana’s Cold-pressed Babchi Oil
It is a very potent oil. Dilute the oil in a carrier oil and apply. Dilute in the ratio of 1:10 initially to start with. Or use under the guidance of a practitioner. Choose carrier oil that suits your skin & scalp tone for it to work best.
Always store the oil in a cool and dry place. The oil is good to use for a year from the date of cold pressing.
Precaution using Babchi/Bakuchi oil
Although it has its uses in various health and skincare, there are, however, certain precautions that cannot be ignored.
- Pregnant women should not use this oil
- Do not use this oil if you are undergoing PUVA (ultraviolet light- chemotherapy) therapy as it might cause photosensitive reactions
- Though the product is absolutely free from chemicals and preservatives, we suggest you do a patch test before using it as a regular product.