Peppermint benefits for skin, health & hair
Peppermint has been used for hundreds of years to treat a variety of conditions. Peppermint benefits it forms an important part of our lives; from giving our upset stomach some relief to providing our drinks with a refreshing taste and aroma. Its calmative properties can leave you relaxed, release your stress and mental pressure.
Scientific Name: Mentha piperita
Properties: Because it contains menthol, peppermint has anesthetic properties. It also comes with antiviral, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, and carminative properties.
Components: Vitamins A and C, potassium, omega-3 fatty acids, iron, magnesium, calcium, manganese, and copper.
Peppermint health benefits
Peppermint is used to treat a variety of health conditions. Peppermint is rich in vitamins and minerals. It contains minerals such as iron, folate, manganese, magnesium, calcium, potassium, and copper.
- Promote digestion – Peppermint has been traditionally used for treating indigestion concerns like stomach ache, nausea, bloating, flatulence, etc. It is cooling for the stomach and useful in aiding food digestion.
- Boosts Immunity – Peppermint improves immune levels to fight against various diseases. It is also known to have potent antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal effects, thus, used in many alternative treatments.
- Promotes Hair Growth – Peppermint oil has been widely used as a remedy for dandruff, lice, and other hair-related conditions. Most hair care products contain peppermint oil as it can nourish damaged hair and improve hair density.
- Improves Mental Health – Peppermint oil is an essential oil to reduce stress and improve concentration and alertness. For those with chronic fatigue syndrome, peppermint oil helps improve focus and concentration.
- Reduces acne – Due to its antimicrobial property, peppermint oil kills acne-causing bacteria. It balances sebum production, thereby preventing pore clogging and acne.
- Reduce skin discoloration – Peppermint is cool in nature hence helping lighten the skin bringing it back to its original color. It diminishes the leftover acne scars, age spots, hormonal led skin concerns with its highly effective skin heal, repair, and balance properties.
Peppermint benefits for Skin
The anti-inflammatory properties in peppermint can help reduce redness caused by acne and antiseptic properties help prevent the build-up of bacteria that can clog pores. The soothing effects of peppermint are useful for treating skin rashes and itchy bug bites. It also has properties that facilitate oil secretion, making it an effective component against acne and tiny zits.
- It is anti-inflammatory – Peppermint essential oil is used to soothe inflammation, irritation, and itchiness on the skin and scalp.
- It reduces pimples – The antimicrobial activity and antiseptic property of peppermint essential oil help in reducing pimples
- Brighten Dull skin – With its cooling effect, using skincare products with peppermint oil is preferred for achieving healthy and radiant skin.
- Control Excess oil – Peppermint oil is known to control the secretion of excess oil, making it the best choice for oily and combination skin as it prevents clogged pores.
Peppermint benefits for hair
Peppermint is used as a vital ingredient in shampoo and conditioner due to its cooling effect. It improves blood circulation and stimulates hair growth. Peppermint has been widely used as a remedy for dandruff, lice, and other hair-related conditions.
- Promotes hair growth
- Tackles dandruff
Traditional use & benefit of peppermint
Peppermint is a herb that everyone is familiar with in food or as a remedy to treat indigestion, bad breath, etc. So people usually use fresh peppermint leaves to make chutneys or flavored curds like mint curd etc. Peppermint green tea or say pudina ka khada is used to treat acid reflux, stomach ache, flatulence, bloating, etc. The herb is suitable to use for all age groups and works effectively showing instant relief.
This highly beneficial herb has been in use for traditional times in the form of peppermint essential oil and peppermint ark also known as herb water by health and wellness practitioners to treat and prevent various skin, body, hair disorders.
However these days, people usually neither have enough time and infrastructure to plant basic day-to-day flavor cum wellness inculcating herbs nor do the traditional distilleries work anymore to make essential oils & herb waters. Hence people look out for dried peppermint in the form of green tea to avoid chemical-based products like pudin hara.
So we here at SNAANA bring to you the traditionally used edible peppermint essential oils and peppermint ark/ herb water in the true pure form made using the steam distillation technique which has been known to humans for thousands of years.
Both of these two products are beneficial for the human body as these can be used for multiple purposes like flavor the food or beverages, add to a skincare regime, calm a mosquito bite, ease the symptoms of a rash and an instant refreshing & mood uplifting feel any time of the day.
Peppermint Hydrosol – Steam Distilled [Peppermint Water/Cooling Mist]₹200.00 – ₹1,315.00 Incl. of all taxes
Peppermint Essential Oil – Steam Distilled₹271.00 Incl. of all taxes
The making of peppermint essential oil and peppermint herb water is a unique, revived technique in today’s chemically throttled world bringing back the real pure goodness of herb in the bottle. No one does it the way SNAANA makes it happen with just no use of chemicals and preservatives at all.