Cloves – Benefits, Uses, Nutrition, & Side Effects
Cloves have a hot and strong flavor that adds characteristic strong aromatic flavors to the food.These dark brown buds give spiciness to many dishes like curries, cookies, bread, etc. Cloves benefits are an excellent source of dietary fiber, minerals, such as potassium, manganese, essential nutrients like vitamin K and help boost immunity and brain function. In manufacturing, clove is used in toothpaste, soaps, perfumes, wellness products & cosmetics.
In This Article
- What Are The Benefits Of Cloves?
- How To Use Cloves
- Clove Essential oil
- Clove Herb water
- What Are The Side Effects Of Cloves?
What Are The Benefits Of Cloves?
The vitamins and minerals in cloves have significant medicinal properties. Cloves are anti-cancer in properties because of eugenol which also reduces the risk of esophageal cancer. Here are some other benefits of clove for health & skin.
- Cloves have antibacterial properties which are beneficial when it comes to skin care. The main causes of acne and pimples are bacteria and dirt, which can be tackled by using cloves.
- Because of its antiseptic properties, clove oil is very useful and can be used in place of an antiseptic to heal insect bites, wounds, cuts, and scratches etc.
- Cloves contain natural fatty acid synthesis inhibitors which can reduce body mass.
- Cloves also relax the smooth lining of the gastrointestinal tract, thus alleviating vomiting, diarrhea and stomach ache.
- Cloves are excellent pain relievers. It stimulates the pain receptors of the body in the process to relieve the body of pain.
- Clove extract may also help maintain stable liver function by reducing oxidative stress and inflammation, eventually preventing liver injury and scarring.
How To Use Cloves
- Cloves can be used to make tea and as flavor agents in different recipes, and cookies
- Cloves is also used as a natural cleaner
- Cloves oil is also essentially used to relieve toothache and to tackle common cold, cough, flu and sinus.
- Clove boosts the immune system, eliminates problems like indigestion, headache, diabetes and enhances bone strength.
- It can also be used as a natural preservative.
Clove Essential oil
Best pure edible Clove essential oil to flavor the food & desserts, promote healthy gums & teeth, lend warming to skin, and soothe the body & mind with warm woody aroma.
Extraction Method: Steam distilled
Parts Used: Flower buds
Usage: Multiple use in skin care, food and wellness
Nature: 100% free from chemicals & preservatives – environment friendly
Clove Essential Oil Benefits
- The most important and common use of clove oil is in dental care. Several toothpastes, mouthwash and oral care medications contain clove oil as an important ingredient.
- The analgesic property helps reduce pain in the body and cramps in the muscle.
- Clove Oil is also known to prevent the appearance of fine lines, making for a wonderful anti-aging ingredient.
- Clove oil can also be used to treat insect bites and stings.
- It is effective in curing acne, killing bacterial infections and reducing swelling.
Clove Essential Oil – Steam Distilled₹330.00 Incl. of all taxes
Clove Leaf Herb Water/ Hydrosol
The steam distilled edible clove hydrosol/herb water is best used to add flavor & nutrition to food & beverages, tone skin, treat & prevent dental concerns and promote good health & wellness. This organically prepared one bottle with multiple uses is a highly therapeutic & nourishing boost for the body.
Clove Herb water Benefits
- It’s a tonic for the throat as it calms the irritation in the throat and overcomes the respiratory disorders.
- Powerful antioxidants fight free radical damage and help build immunity in the body.
- May help prevent grey hair and control hair fall.
- Cloves are rich in manganese which is important for bone health.
Clove Leaf Hydrosol [Steam Distilled Clove Water/Ark]₹520.00 – ₹3,510.00 Incl. of all taxes
Yes, cloves in moderation improve metabolism and hence aid in weight loss.
Yes, clove oil has antiviral properties.
Yes, 1-2 cloves are good as a remedy to some problems however do not chew in excess as it is hot in nature and very potent.
Yes, it does help in body detox but always use it under the guidance or strictly in moderation to reap its benefits. It is a very powerful herb containing analgesic properties often used to ease toothaches.
Yes, you can add cinnamon and cover with warm water to prepare tea or add to your regular chai. However do not indulge excessively as both the herbs are warm in nature.
What Are The Side Effects Of Cloves?
Cloves have many health benefits but they also can affect health negatively and can cause a few side effects.
- Clove oil can even cause blindness when it comes into contact with the eyes.
- Clove oil can cause an increase in bleeding. This is due to the blood thinning effect. It is best to avoid clove oil completely a few days before and after surgery.