Carrot Seed Oil Benefits and Uses
Carrot seed oil or carrot root infused oil is a natural plant oil produced by the seeds and orange roots of the carrot plant. Carrots are well known because of their beta-carotene and fiber content, which gives immense health benefits to our bodies. This root vegetable is additionally a great source of antioxidant agents. Moreover, carrots are rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, folate, B complex, iron, potassium, manganese, and copper. Carrot seed oil helps in extractracting toxic substances such as uric acid through increased urination. The carrot seed benefits its also helps to restrain liver spot as it act as a liver booster and rejuvenator. By using carrot seed oil in aromatherapy, you may reap the benefits of its antioxidants by preventing diseases caused by oxidative stress.
Carrot seeds health benefits
Carrot oil comes with an abundance of nutrients such as vitamin A, vitamin C, Vitamin E, calcium, beta carotene, etc. It comes with various other benefits as well and can help in treating several conditions such as-
- Good for Oral Health – Carrot oil is very rich in mineral antioxidants due to its organic compounds, however carrots additionally stimulate the gums and induce excess saliva.
- Natural Detoxifier – Vitamin A found in carrots provides liver support in removing toxins and also helps to remove the waste from your body.
- Carrot Seed Oil Prevents Acidity – If you are suffering from acidity problems, then you can use carrot seed oil. It is good for digestion
- Carrot Seed Oil Controls Menstrual Cycle – Carrot seed oil helps to keep control of the menstrual cycle. As it is an emmenagogue in nature, it helps make the menstruation cycle regular and lessens the pain as well.
- Boosts immunity – Carrots are packed with various vitamins, minerals and antioxidants such as vitamins B6 and K, potassium, phosphorous, etc. which contribute to bone health, stronger nervous system and help improve brain power.
- Heals Wounds – Carrot seed oil is medicinally used to treat minor cuts and wounds. It helps to facilitate the wounds and skin infection that is caused due to open cuts and wounds.
- Reduce the Chance of Cancer – Carrots are very rich in antioxidants like falcarinol are known to destroy the pre-cancerous cells within the tumor before it develops.
Carrot seeds benefits for skin
Carrots are rich in antioxidants which offer you beautiful skin. The antioxidants and vitamin A found in carrots defend your skin naturally from different kinds of sun damages. Vitamin A helps to stop skin disease, dry skin, uneven skin tones, and premature wrinkles.
- Helps treat various skin conditions – carrot seed oil for skin helps treat various skin conditions such as vitiligo, eczema, dermatitis, and psoriasis.
- Soothes the skin – This oil, with an earthy aroma, possesses anti-inflammatory properties. These help to heal the skin in several ways
- Moisturises Dry skin – Carrot oil is an effective and safe way to moisturise your skin. However, people with oily acne prone skin should avoid its use unless it suits the skin as it can lead to breakouts. It really suits normal and dry skin types.
- Powerful Antioxidant for Ageing Skin – Carrot oil is rich in beta carotene. Beta-carotene is a powerful antioxidant with anti-ageing properties.
AVO-COCOA Body Butter with CARROT-TAMANU₹890.00 Incl. of all taxes
Age Delaying Face Oil for Dry Skin – Carrot, HempseedProduct on saleIncl. of all taxes
GOTU KOLA-CARROT Face OilProduct on saleIncl. of all taxes
Carrot seeds benefits for hair
Carrots are a great source of nutrients for your hair as well. They are packed with vitamin A and vitamin E, both of which help improve blood circulation on your scalp. This, in turn, promotes hair growth and protects you from premature greying.
- Retaining moisture in the hair and scalp
- Stimulating blood circulation to the scalp
- Strengthening hair stem, root, and follicle
- Protecting hair against sun damage
- Preventing oxidative stress and premature aging
- Adding shine and elasticity
- Reducing the appearance of split ends
Types of carrot oil
Carrot oil is prepared using techniques like cold pressing, steam distillation and infusion. Infusion is one of the very famous and known ways to prepare the carrot oil.
How to make carrot seed oil at home
Making a carrot seed oil through infusion is easy to do at home. Take some fresh carrots, and clean, peel and thinly slice them. Dry the carrots partially. Post this, take the carrier oil of your choice like sunflower, olive, coconut, sesame etc. in a steel pan or a glass container. Add the partial dried carrot slices to the oil and put in on a jacketed steam vessel. Do not ever put in on direct heat as this can lead to loss of nutrients and flavor. Do this for at least 24-48 hours. Make sure the water does not make way inside the beaker containing oil and carrots. Post the oil cools down, separate the oil from carrots using a strainer and carrot infused oil is ready.
Cold pressing of carrot seeds – The highly expensive tiny seeds of carrot are cold pressed to produce the oil. The seeds produce very less percentage of oil as compared to other nuts and seeds like sunflower, jojoba, hemp seed etc. The less yield plus expensive seeds make the carrot seed oil very costly. This often leads to adulterated oil selling at reasonable prices available in the market.
Steam distilled carrot seed oil – Steam distillation is also one of the ways to make this highly nutrient rich and effective oil. Here the carrot seeds are put in a tank from where the steam passes through the seeds carrying its vital – volatile substances with it. The risen up steam when comes in contact with the condenser turns into droplets of water and oil. Oil being light in weight floats on top of the water and hence can be separated easily. The technique produces a high quality highly therapeutic oil but it is very expensive.