Ayurvedic Benefits Of Manjistha For The Skin & Health
Manjistha is known as a magic herb for various skin and health-related issues. Benefits of manjistha according to Ayurveda, it has been referred to as a rejuvenating herb, packed with many detoxifying properties.
What is Manjistha?
Manjistha is known as a blood-purifying herb, and it is also known as Indian madder. The major use of Manjistha is breaking down blood clots and normalising blood flow. One can use this herb as a skin whitener as it can also be used externally.
It is believed that Manjistha has astringent and antioxidant properties. In Ayurveda, Manjistha is used to purify the blood, treat allergies, heal wounds, ease muscle aches, and soothe insect bites. The herb is native to southern Africa, India, and Asia.
The antioxidant, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties of Manjistha make it a beneficial herb. In Ayurveda, it is considered an essential remedy for skincare. The raktashodhak (blood purification) properties of this herb are beneficial to circulatory health. This herb keeps infections at bay by reducing toxins in the blood. Using this herb one can reduce wrinkles, spots, dark circles, blemishes, and scars.
Manjistha can be helpful in treating acne, as it may help to reduce inflammation and kill bacteria that can contribute to the development of acne.
Manjistha may help to tighten and tone the skin, which may improve its texture and appearance. Some people claim that Manjistha can help to improve the overall complexion of the skin and give it a healthy, radiant appearance.
Properties of Manjistha powder
Manjistha has so many beneficial properties that may help in the treatment of various health problems. Some of these properties of Manjistha are as follows:
- Anti-inflammatory property
- Antibacterial property
- Pitta balancing property
- Antioxidant property
So these are some of the properties of Manjistha. All these properties are beneficial for the overall health of a person.
Historical Uses of Manjistha
Manjistha is known for its medicinal properties that help in the treatment of various health problems. For years, manjistha has been used as a blood purifier as it helps in getting rid of any blockages in the blood vessels. Moreover, Manjistha is used in ayurvedic medicines for the treatment of various health problems. Some of the health problems that can be treated by using or consuming Manjistha are as follows:
- Helps in the treatment of diarrhoea
- Helps treat skin diseases
- Helps in purifying the blood
- Helps in the treatment of hair problems
So these were some of the health problems that can be treated by consuming and using manjistha.
Making of Manjistha Powder at ‘SNAANA’
‘SNAANA’ is the wholesale manufacturing of edible manjistha herbal powder in India. It deals in whole herbs, to cut & ‘fine powder of different herbs-roots, stems, flowers petals, and bark that is sourced in a sustainable and environmentally friendly way, from the farmer’s Himalayan range.
‘SNAANA’ uses traditional techniques to make the satisfactory best quality herbal powder as was made in our early times. This makes the herb powder rich in nutrients, aroma, and colour and lends good shelf life without the use of preservatives.
Manjistha herbal powder made at ‘SNAANA’ has multiple purposes in nature as the powder may be used for many purposes such as skin care, supplement, etc.
If you’re looking for purely manjistha powder at wholesale prices, then you can order minimum size 1 kg pure edible manjistha powder.
Health Benefits of Manjistha
- Manages Heart Health-manjistha is good for the heart as it acts as a calcium channel blocker to manage irregular cardiac rhythm,
- Fights Respiratory Issues- blessed with powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-biotic, and anti-asthmatic properties. Manjistha is considered to be a well-known traditional remedy for all sorts of respiratory troubles.
- Promotes Digestion- manjistha even helps in treating a host of digestive woes. The anti-flatulent property reduced the formation of gas in the alimentary canal, thus reducing flatulence, bloating, constipation, and abdominal distension.
- Immunity Enhancer- it helps to boost immunity and increases the white blood cells of the immune system. The herb increases the strength of the body to fight against various infections and debilitating diseases.
- Treats kidney Stones-manjistha also helps to treat various kidney disorders, including urolithiasis or kidney stones. It also reduces the accumulation of calcium and magnesium in the kidney and prevents the further formation of kidney stones.
- Boots Menstrual Health- manjistha is one of the best Ayurvedic herbs to regulate periods and treat excessive abdominal pain and bleeding during periods. Additionally, it also helps to purify the blood, restore the health of the uterus and regulate hormonal balance in the body.
Skin Benefits of Manjistha
The blood-purifying action of manjistha contributes to keeping the skin healthy in many ways. It can relieve the itching from eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis. Because of its powerful effect on the lymph system, Manjistha is considered one of the best herbs for healthy skin. The abundance of antioxidants in this herb can help to reduce wrinkles and fine lines and give the skin an overall youthful appearance.
Despite being hot in potency, manjistha is a pittahara meaning it pacifies the pitta (heat) in the body. And therefore helpful in treating increased bile/pitta-causing disorders in the body like acne.
Manjistha is beneficial in treating many skin disorders like-
- Burns & inflammation
- Dryness and eczema
- Active acne pimples and their marks
- Cracked heels
Skin Polish Staple Bath – For Mom-Dad₹495.00 Incl. of all taxes
HERBS infused Hair & Body Massage Oil – Mom – Dad (30-59 Years)₹490.00 Incl. of all taxes
Goat Milk Soap – Clay Salt with Lodh BarkProduct on saleIncl. of all taxes
Hair Benefits of Manjistha
Manjistha can be used to manage hair problems like graying of hair. Manjistha is effective in controlling hair fall. It helps to remove excessive dryness that controls dandruff and thus prevents hair fall.
- Manjistha hair oil will help in adding shine to the hair and strengthen hair roots.
- The antioxidant properties & antic-stress activity help in preventing excessive hair loss and promote healthy hair growth.
- It enhances the natural color of the hair.
Side Effects of Manjistha
- Excessive use of manjistha powder can cause constipation in some women.
- Overdose of this herb can change the color of your stool and urine into brown or orange. If you are a breastfeeding mother, you should avoid taking this herb for safety concerns. Consult your doctor for detailed information.