Amazing Benefits Of Rosehip for your skin, health & hair
Rosehip is a fruit of Rosa canina or Rosa gallica and many other Rosa species. It can be referred to as a pseudo-fruit. The benefits of Rosehip contain high amounts of vitamin C in the form of ascorbic acid. While vitamin C itself is an antioxidant. It’s not the only nutrient found in the nutrient-rich plant. Rose hips are also a source of phenols, flavonoids, ellagic acid, lycopene, and vitamin E. Rosehip is used to treat osteoarthritis and post-surgery pain.
What is Rosehip Oil
The Rosehip plant is a shrub grown in cold regions in some parts of the world. India is rich with diverse geographical terrain from snow-capped mountains to hills, to evergreen forests and plateaus to plains and deserts giving a home to millions of plants. Rosehip is cultivated in parts of Uttarakhand and Kashmir in India. The oval-shaped red to brown color berries are plucked around autumn and left to dry for 6-8 weeks. A berry usually contains 5-7 tiny seeds. These seeds are cold-pressed to make rosehip seed oil.
SNAANA does not believe in importing any ingredient which is cultivated or can be cultivated in India. We do not import oil from Chile. We make rosehip oil from seeds grown in the Indian Himalayan belt only.
Rosehip health benefits
Rose hips are rich in antioxidants that can help protect against cell damage from free radicals.
- Rose Hips Contain Antioxidants – Rosehip contains high amounts of vitamin C in the form of ascorbic acid. While vitamin C itself is an antioxidant.
- Possible Benefits for Immune Health – Rose hips also support immune health with their antimicrobial and antibacterial activity. The nutrients in the plant may help fight off the bacteria that cause peptic ulcer disease. Overall helps in boosting immune functioning.
- Prevent colon cancer – Rose hips contain antioxidant and antiproliferative properties on human cancer cell lines.
- Skin health – The oil extracted from rosehip fruit is used to promote skin health. Vitamin C promotes collagen production and lowers the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Strong bones – Vitamin C found in Rosehip is vital for the production of collagen. Collagen with other minerals helps to prevent the chances of osteoporosis by maintaining the density of minerals and keeping the bones strong and flexible.
Benefits of Rosehip for Skin
Rosehip seed oil’s popularity in skincare products is growing bigtime simply because the cold-pressed rosehip oil is rich with skin needed vitals like vitamin C, E & A with other nutrients like omega 3 & 6, beta carotene, linoleic acids, etc making it suitable for all skin types including dry, oily, acne-pimple, sagging, scars & blemishes, pigmentation & freckles, and premature aging skin.
Fact - It is a non-comedogenic oil naturally rich with vitamin C. It can be used without diluting in any other oil for application on skin.
- It helps moisturize – Rosehip is so effective at keeping the skin soft, smooth, and moisturized.
- Brightens skin– Rosehip also contains vitamin C, a collagen-stimulating nutrient that can help improve skin’s firmness and prevent fine lines.
- Helps Treat Various Skin Ailments – Rosehip possesses anti-inflammatory properties that help treat the inflammation and pain caused by acne pimples.
- Heals Dry And Cracked Lips – Rosehip can also be used to lighten the discoloration of the lips. It also protects them from sunburns.
- Improves Nail Health – Rosehip can strengthen your nails and protect them from breakage when used with almond oil. The combined fatty acids of both oils provide the nails and skin around it with effective healing & moisturization.
KOKUM-VETIVER Face Cream for Dry Skin₹630.00 Incl. of all taxes
RO-SHEA-LAVENDER Face Cream for Normal Skin₹590.00 Incl. of all taxes
HERBS infused Hair & Body Massage Oil – Mom – Dad (30-59 Years)₹490.00 Incl. of all taxes
Benefits of Rosehip for hair
Rosehip oil being high in fatty acids, it boosts the growth of your hair and helps reverse any damage to your hair and scalp. It moisturizes and nourishes your hair and scalp while preventing any scalp infections. Rosehip oil has essential fatty acids like linolenic acid, and it is high in vitamin A, C, and E and also antioxidants.
- Improve hair Health – Rosehip can help repair damage such as split ends, dryness, and even hair thinning. If used regularly it can also help in the prevention of future damage.
- Reduces Dandruff – Regular application of Rose Hip to hair provides much-needed moisture. Once the scalp is moisturized it not only reduces dandruff but helps prevent it from coming back.
- Light & non-greasy feel – Rosehip oil contains a high amount of linoleic fatty acids which makes it very light and quick to absorb without the feel of greasiness or stickiness.
Frequently asked questions of Rosehip
Rosehip oil may cause allergic symptoms to some individuals in the form of a rash, wheezing, water eyes, unpleasant aroma, etc. when applied. Rosehip oil is used as an antioxidant /vitamin C supplement and all those it does not suit may complain of congestion, dizziness, etc. discomfort.
No, pure rosehip oil is a non-comedogenic oil helpful in eradicating acne.
Yes, if you are using pure rosehip oil, always dilute it with jojoba oil and apply. Neat rosehip oil can be concentrated for the fragile skin to withstand it.
No, 100% pure rosehip oil needs to be diluted with other carrier oil like jojoba, watermelon, pumpkin, hempseed, sesame, coconut, etc depending upon the skin type. Oils usually sold in the market in the name of pure cold-pressed rosehip oil contain more than 80% adulteration of other oils.
Yes, its light and nutrient-rich natural composition work very well for improving hair health leading to hair growth.
Rosehip oil is intense orange color oil. Know more here.